Dr. Rakesh Chopra
Director – Medical Oncology & Hematology
Dr. Rakesh Chopra is among the pioneers of Medical Oncology in India, nationally and internationally one of the most trusted name in Oncology with more than 40 yrs of extensive experience. Dr Rakesh Chopra has exceptional expertise in solid cancers including Breast Cancer ,Women Cancers, Cancer of the Lung, Prostate & Colon.
He also specialises in Haemato Oncology and his association with reputed organisations all across the world for blood cancer, leukaemia, lymphoma treatment and bone marrow transplant has earned him a great respect in the field of Haematology. He has been instrumental in initiating cancer care treatment in various hospitals of repute. He also specialises in Precision Cancer Medicine, Cancer Genetics, Palliative Cancer Treatment and Advanced Chemotherapy Treatment.
- MBBS : Delhi University College Of Medical Sciences , New Delhi.
- MD : Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, University Pune.
- Rotating Internship, Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi.
- Junior Residency, Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, New Delhi.
- Senior Residency, Armed Forces Medical College, Pune,
- Senior Residency, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi.
- Oncology training from leading institutions –The Tata Memorial Hospital Mumbai, Memorial Sloan Kettering Institute, New York and the Jewish Long Island Hospital, New York.
- Fellowship awarded: The Varoon Mahajan Foundation for study on Bone marrow Transplant at the Memorial Sloane Kettering Cancer Center.
- I.C.C Post Graduate Course in Chemotherapy, New Delhi.
- Training in Lymphomas Cornell Medical Centre, New York.
- Visiting Fellow, M.D. Anderson Cancer Centre, Houston, Texas.
- He has played a pioneering role in improving the cancer department of several hospitals in India with new and advanced techniques.
- He specialised in cancer research and treatment with the hope of improving the lives of cancer patients.
- Received training for Medical Oncology and Haematology in USA
- Wrote first set of treatment guidelines for treating Breast Cancer
- Co Author of a Purple Journal – The breast
- First Indian author in the editorial board of Journal of clinical Oncology and Haematology
- Entitled breast cancer the Indian scene
- Gave first plenary of breast cancer at ASCO
- Chairperson – Multiple international conferences including the first ASCO conference outside the U.S
- Co reviewer – The ASCO / ESMO course curricular for PG/fellowship of medical oncology
- Involved in first medical oncology clinical trial in India
- Appointed as Hon. Adjunct Professor, Internal Medicine, and University of Nebraska Medical Center Nebraska’s Health Science Center
- Director – Medical Oncology & Hematology at Fortis Flt. Lt. Rajan Dhall Hospital, Vasant Kunj – New Delhi& CK Birla Hospital for Women – Gurgaon
- Director – Medical Oncology & Hematology at Paras Hospitals Gurgaon
- Professor, Chairperson & Head, Department of Medical Oncology/Haematology/BMT – Artemis Hospitals.
- Chief Clinical Coordinator Oncology, Apollo Cancer Institute Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi.
- Member Board Apollo Research Foundation, Apollo Group.
- Chief of Oncology, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi.