Docstel hereby notifies you of the following:
(a) What personal information is collected from you through the Website?
(b) How the information collected is used?
(c) How the information collected may be shared and disclosed?
(d) How Docstel Health protects your information?
(e) How you can seek to correct any inaccuracies in the information?
What personal information is collected from you through the Websites?
1. Information collection and use.
During the collection of information on the Profile Pages on the Website, you are required to provide your applicable contact information (such as name, physician license information, e-mail address and the like). A mobile verification code and registration number is used to confirm your identity. An email address is also used to contact you about the materials and information on the Website. When the Website requests for the confirmation of your identity, the Website will clearly indicate the purpose of the inquiry before such information is requested. In the case of professional information, professional information provided by you to us will be authenticated against a third-party provider. Professional information shall include but not be limited to physician license number, details regarding qualifications and specialties and the like.
3. Personal Profile of Doctors and Health Care Providers.
Pursuant to registration as a doctor or a healthcare provider on the Website, you may provide additional information in your personal profile describing your credentials, professional experiences, academic background, biography and the like. Your personal profile shall be available for viewing by other registered participants of Docstel and will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. Providing additional information in your personal profile beyond what is required at registration is entirely optional and can be altered or removed by you at any time.
4. IP Addresses.
Every computer connected to the Internet is given a domain name and a set of numbers that serve as that computer’s Internet Protocol or IP address. When you browse the Websites, our web servers automatically recognize your domain name and IP address. The domain name and IP address reveal nothing personal about you other than the IP address from which you have accessed the Websites.
5. Third Party Email Addresses.
For the purposes of inviting and introducing third parties to Docstel, you may import their email address. Alternatively, you may also provide the email address directly to Docstel. On so doing, Docstel will not store your affiliated username and corresponding password.
6. Privacy of Minors
Docstel strongly encourages parents and guardians to supervise the online activities of their minor children and consider using parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers to help provide a child-friendly online environment. These tools also can prevent minors from disclosing their name, address, and other personally identifiable information online without parental permission. Please note that although the Websites are not intended for use by minors, Docstel respects the privacy of minors who may inadvertently use the Internet.
7. opt Out Procedures.
Upon initial communication from Docstel, you may opt-out of receiving further communication from Docstel. To be completely removed from the Docstel mailing list, you may email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are using an e-mail forwarding service or other similar service please make sure to include the correct e-mail address or addresses.
How the information collected is used
1. Use of Personal Health Information: Docstel does not collect personal health information about individuals, except when individuals consent to share such personal health information on the Website, to doctors and health care providers. You understand that you may have the option of uploading your health/medical information on the Website in order to enable your doctor or healthcare provider access your previous medical history. While Docstel takes utmost care with respect to the security of the information you decide to upload, you understand that any information that you disclose on the Website is at your own risk. By uploading / sharing / disclosing your medical information on the Website, you hereby give Docstel your consent to store such health / medical information on Docstel’s servers. Docstel will retain such medical / health information you upload on the Website for as long as it is needed to fulfil the service you seek to avail on the Website. If you delete your account, Docstel will delete such medical / health information from its active servers. But please note: (1) there might be some latency in deleting this information from our servers and backup storage; and (2) we may retain this information if necessary, to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements.
2. Sale of Assets, Merger, Acquisition, Bankruptcy: Information collected from you may be transferred to a third party as a result of a sale or acquisition, merger or bankruptcy involving Docstel.
4. Log Files: Docstel may use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the Site, track your movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
How information may be Shared and Disclosed
1. Sharing: Docstel may share aggregated demographic information with Docstel ‘s partners. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person. Docstel shall not be liable for the transfer of any personal information resulting from the delineation or corruption of storage media, power failures, natural phenomena, riots, sabotage, terrorism, acts of vandalism or any other event beyond Docstel ‘s control.
2. Consulting: Docstel may partner with third parties to provide specific services. When you sign up for these third-party services, Docstel will share names, or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services. According to Docstel ‘s contractual arrangements with parties, these parties are not allowed to use personal information except for the explicit purpose of providing these services.
3. Spam: Docstel maintains a strict “No-Spam” policy, which means that Docstel does not intend to sell, rent or otherwise give your e-mail address to a third party without your consent.
4. Legal Requests: Docstel takes your right to privacy very seriously and has taken measures to safeguard and respect your personal information. Docstel will only disclose your personal information in the event it is required to do so by law, rules, regulations, law enforcement, governmental official, legal authority or similar requirements.
How we Protect your Information
1. Confidentiality and Security; Docstel takes all necessary precautions to protect your personal information both online and offline. No administrator at Docstel will have knowledge of your password. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to log off from the Website when you are using a shared computer. Docstel also protects your personal information off-line. Access to your personal information is limited to employees, agents or partners and third parties with whom we are working. Further, you understand that your personal information will be shared only with those who Docstel reasonably believes will need it to provide services to you. However, Docstel is not responsible for the confidentiality, security or distribution of your own personal information by our partners and third parties outside the scope of our agreement with such partners and third parties.
2. Links: The Website may contain links to other third-party sites. The third-party sites are not necessarily under the control of Docstel. Please note that Docstel is not responsible for the privacy practices of such third-party sites. Docstel encourages you to be aware when you leave the Website and also to read the privacy policies of each and every third-party site that collects personal information. If you decide to access any of the third-party sites linked to the Website, you do this entirely at your own risk. Any links to any partner of the Website is the responsibility of the linking party, and Docstel shall not be responsible for notification of any change in name or location of any information on the Website.
1. Correction/Updating Personal Information: If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire to use the Website, you can update your profile on the profile pages of the Website. Docstel will endeavour to correct, update or remove the personal data that you have provided.
3. Site and Service Updates: As necessary, Docstel may send you Website and service announcement updates. You will not be able to unsubscribe from service announcements, which contain important information about the Website. Docstel communicates via e-mail to provide requested services and to resolve issues relating to your account.